Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Rape of Nanking


The hollowed bones of my brother,

The mangled corpse of my mother,

The rectangular pit in which my father dug and died.

My sister taken to be a slave pet,

My best friend stabbed by bayonets,

And the thousands that were soaked with gasoline and fried.

Tens upon thousands of women raped,

The Japanese soldiers laughed and taped,

These atrocities with a smile on their lips.

And the narcotics that were passed about,

So that the population would be pacified without,

Worrying about a couple thousand whipped.

And those pregnant had their fetuses torn,

There was no chance to pray or mourn,

For the streets ran red with blood and bones,

And those who were not raped, nor burned, nor stoned,

Had found salvation in the Safety Zone.

20 comments:

  1. Wow.. That was beautifully done.. I say A+

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm hoping that's what I get

    ReplyDelete
  3. Profound, factual, rhyming, and amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ghazal! And yes, Sam, we can

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I forgot to say, It's good! Unfortunately I just relized itll be hard to make poetry about atomic bombs. I'll make a song instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...a song about bombs, a "jingle" about bombs you might say...hmmm....**shifty eyes**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Now who can tell me who the picture on the right is?

    ReplyDelete
  8. O.O 's good...
    creepy, but good...
    and it's JACK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, Mozart rules! And, the person today is Padme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. **Bows** Thanks. I do try my best.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are the moments I live for.

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE A COMMENT!! WEEEEEEEEE